A new year is here, which means it’s the ideal time to rejuvenate your interiors and try some fresh looks. From shapes and materials to textures and colours, there’s no shortage of exciting trends to choose from. Below, we’ll cover five top trends we‘re looking forward to embracing in 2023.
1. Brown earth tones: Earth tones became especially popular during the pandemic to help create a sense of calm and tranquility within the home. Browns such as rust, caramel, terracotta, and tan continue to be favoured by interior designers—and with good reason. These colours offer the ideal alternatives to the classic neutral palette, and are sure to blend seamlessly with most design styles. Try our shades Cushion Craze, Rustic Twine, Saddle Stitch and Toasted Almond to get the look.
2. Statement pendant lighting: A statement pendant light is a great way to add interest to a space while offering necessary illumination. Look for unique shapes, textures, colours, and patterns to help add a stylish focal point to your room and draw the eye upwards. Rice paper shades are having a major moment, and these come in a variety of eye-catching shapes and sizes. There are plenty of inexpensive options when it comes to these, so it makes for an economical update that’s guaranteed to wow. We also love Murano lamps, scalloped shades, and rattan or bamboo pendants.
3. Unique wall decor: In 2023, there’s more ways than ever to enhance the humble wall. Tapestries, texture, wall panels, and painted murals are all fabulous ways to awaken your walls. CRAFTED™ by Crown Suede Textured Emulsion provides an enriching, textured finish that creates a soft, natural brushed effect on your walls. Specially developed with ground olive stones for a tactile finish, this distinctive formulation comes in six sumptuous shades and is perfect for adding depth and interest to walls.
4. Sustainable furnishings: Sustainable design has become more and more popular in recent years, and it will continue to be important in 2023. People are learning more about how their choices impact the environment, and are turning towards more eco-friendly shopping habits as a result. Sourcing items that are upcycled or repurposed, vintage, artisan-produced, or made with natural materials are just some of the ways that you can make your interiors more sustainable.
This is also at the heart of Crown. Our Walls & Ceilings, easyclean®, CRAFTED™ and ELLE Decoration ranges feature our unique breatheasy® 99% solvent free technology; our Walls & Ceilings paints are Vegan Verified with packaging made using 100% recycled plastic; our Real Paint Swatches make sampling sustainable – just pop the paper swatches in the recycling once you’ve found your perfect shade! Not only that, we’ve also recycled over 1 million paint cans through our Crown Decorating Centres “Can Back” scheme to be made into bottles, clothing, benches and more. To find out more about our sustainability initiatives, click here.
5. Mixing eras and Styles: Mixing different pieces from the past and present is something we’ve always encouraged, and is certainly a trend you’re likely to see more of this year. From Art Deco or Mid-Century Modern, to Rustic or Industrial, there’s no shortage of design styles to be inspired by. Instead of getting caught up in staying true to a set theme, focus on choosing individual pieces you love. This will result in a thoughtfully curated space that lovingly reflects your personality. Decide on a colour palette for your rooms to help unify the look and keep it from looking disjointed. Start building yours by choosing your Crown Real Paint Swatches today. Need some help pulling a palette together? Take inspiration from our Colour Insights.
Ready to kick off 2023 in style? The above trends will help your home shine bright this year, and beyond. To get started on your decorating journey, call into your local Crown Paints retailer today!